Circle of Change Supports Better Mental Health Through Our Dog Programs
Circle of Change serves U.S. Military Veterans, First Responders and At-Risk Youth suffering with mental health issues (i.e. PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injuries, Depression, Anxiety, etc.) through FREE dog training/handling classes designed to renew a sense of community and to increase self-reliance, confidence & trust.
Our dog trainers provide dogs for our classes. Most of these dogs are in need of additional obedience training. (Perfect for keeping class-time fresh and fun each week!
If a participant chooses, then he/she/they may bring their own dog, as long as it meets the safety requirements of the COC Programs (proper vaccinations + behavioral screening by our trainer in advance of beginning classes with us.)
Circle of Change is a nonprofit that targets specific groups of individuals that are at a higher than average risk of dying by suicide. We currently offer free dog programs for the following groups:
- U.S. Military Veterans
- Youth (ages 9-19) with a mental health diagnosis/or community partner referral
- First Responders, currently serving + retired
Studies show that dogs can help humans:
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Elevate Dopamine + Oxytocin (Aid in Positive Feelings)
- Reduce Stress + Anxiety
- Ease Loneliness
- Encourage Exercise
- Improve All-Around Health
- Increase Self-Worth (Responsibility leads to skills)
- Aid in Socialization (Particularly individuals ages 50+)
- Increases Sense of Purpose
- A Dog Will Never Judge
Would you like to show your support to our veterans or honor a family member by helping to make these classes possible? Please consider donating the cost of a class ($150) or a series of classes for those we serve!